In this article I’m going to tell you why trading tennis is actually easier to bet against than you might expect.
- 1. Trading Tennis on Betfair is a lot easier to do than trading any other sport.
- You can bet on almost anything, especially upcoming tennis matches. Every week there are generally 2 to 3 matches played, so you have a lot more chances of choosing correctly.
- 2. It doesn’t matter which player wins the match.
- Each player will generally have their own chances of winning the match, so you don’t have to worry about which player is more likely to win. You can also bet on different aspects of the game, such as first set match, second set match, full Yankees, or even best grand slam.
- 3. Almost every tipster will give you a different price.
Each different tipster will set their own prices for different matches. Their prices are not always in keeping with the odds, if they were they would not make any money! So it’s no surprise that you can often find a different price on different matches.
- 4. If you back a player before the odds have been posted you can often get a better price on that player than you would if you followed the odds entirely.
This is because the odds will be shorter as the price is lower. Therefore you can get a better price on a player than if you followed the odds.
- 5. The most popular odds are those of betting exchange.
Betting exchange offer you the chance to bet in a market where the odds are much better than normal. For example if you back someone in a tennis match you will get odds of 1.97. These odds are only available if you back for someone you think will win.
The best thing about betting exchange is that they offer you the chance to bet in a lot more sports than you can on Betfair. They cover a lot more sports than Betfair, and with some being much bigger they attract a lot more traders.
- 6. You don’t have to pay much to place bets.
- You will find that many of the betfair markets have a minimum bet. This means that you have to place at least the size of the bet at one of the bookmakers. You don’t have to pay much, if any at all, and can often find markets at much lower than 1.0.
- If you are betting on a match in the US you will have to pay $1.00 to place a bet on a match in the US. This is because the betting exchange places a minimum bet of $1.00. You can bet however much you want as long as the bet is within the stated boundaries.
- If you plan to trade for a long time then it may be worth spending your time looking for matches where there are no minimums and the maximum odds are say 9.0 before the match starts. You can then back the players at these prices with a good Betfair trading system to guarantee yourself a profit.
- While you can still use the Betfair tennis trading system it would be a wise idea to first test the product with small stakes. We know that perfection will never be achieved and you may even be better than me at the game. Don’t worry as you will soon be profitable.
- If you would like to ask the developers of such great program what they wish to improve first, I suggest you do exactly this. When you are better you can ask them.